- Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein plotted her escape with their children for months
- She was told her husband had lied about treatment of his daughter Latifa
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum is taking his estranged wife to court
- He is battling Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein in London for custody of their two children
- Move confirms that the couple have separated as High Court date has been set
- She is believed to have moved into an £85million town house in Kensington
The youngest wife of Dubai’s ruler spent months meticulously plotting her escape to London after being told her husband lied to her about imprisoning and torturing his elder daughter, MailOnline can reveal.
Friends told MailOnline Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein fled Dubai after hearing about how Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum had apparently treated his daughter Princess Latifa.
Haya was told by her husband that Latifa was the victim of an extortion plot and had to be rescued and brought back to Dubai when in fact she was trying to escape to start a new life in the US.
Princess Haya, 45, is now believed to be in hiding in Britain with the couple’s two children and is set for a multi-million divorce and bitter child custody battle with her 69-year-old billionaire racehorse owner husband.