‘I hope that she uses the court case to tell the world how they have been treated’: Dubai royal insider says Princess Haya’s divorce from Sheikh Maktoum will expose secrets of his mistreatment of his runaway daughters
- Sheikh Maktoum, 69, is facing a huge divorce battle with his youngest wife, Princess Haya
- Couple face each other in a custody hearing for their two young children at the High Court in London later this month
- The Dubai ruler’s nephew Marcus Essabri says the case will reveal secrets of the royal household
- He said the case will tell the world how the sheikh’s daughters princesses Latifa and Shamsa have been treated
- Both princesses have made unsuccessful bids to escape the kingdom in the past
- Their treatment is rumoured to be a factor in Haya’s attempts to divorce the billionaire racehorse owner
An Insider in Dubai’s royal family has broken his silence to tell how Sheikh Maktoum’s multi-million pound divorce battle with his estranged wife Princess Haya in the British courts will expose secrets of the UAE ruler.
Sheikh Maktoum’s nephew Marcus Essabri says the divorce will show how his uncle has mistreated Princess Haya and his cousins Princess Latifa and Princess Shamsa.
Speaking to Australia’s TV news show ’60 Minutes’, Essabri said: ‘The one person who knows the truth about what happened to my cousins Latifa and Shamsa is Princess Haya.
‘I hope that she uses the court case to tell the world how they have been treated. She has the opportunity to do some good for these poor women.’